24th International Conference on Wear of Materials
Banff, Alberta, Canada | 16-20 April 2023
Before travelling to the conference, please familiarise yourself with the Covid-19 requirements for Canada, which Elsevier will be following. The current country guidelines can be found here: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid. We still request that anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19, or is under any self-quarantine orders does not attend the conference.
The 24th International Conference on Wear of Materials is a prestigious, long-established conference which provides a unique international forum for researchers and practicing engineers from different disciplines to interact and exchange their latest results.
The conference will focus on advances in the understanding of both the fundamental and applied aspects of wear and friction of materials. It is unique for its paper submission process with full peer review in collaboration with the Elsevier journal Wear to ensure the technical quality of presentations.
Previous delegates have said:
“This conference has a great reputation in which a large and diversified group of delegates from all over globe take in part.”
“It is the most focused conference in the field of wear.”
This edition of the conference will include special sessions on wear and related topics in transportation, renewable energy, biotribology, tool wear, and surface engineering for wear reduction. We welcome both experimental and modeling work in format of full length research paper or case study with focus on wear of materials. A full list of topical areas are listed below.
Poster abstracts are now invited on the following topics and should be submitted using the online abstract submission system.
Deadline: 2 February 2023
- Ceramics and CMCs
- Cutting and Tool Wear
- Erosion and Erosion-Impact
- Extreme Environment Wear including High and Low Temperatures and Vacuum
- Fretting Wear
- Lubricated Wear
- Metals and MMCs
- Polymers and PMCs, Friction Materials
- Role of Third Bodies
- Rolling Wear including Bearing, Gear, and Rail
- Sliding Wear including scuffing and galling
- Surface Engineering including Coatings, Surface Treatment, Surface Texturing
- Transportation Wear including Automotive, Aerospace, and Marine
- Tribocorrosion including erosion-corrosion
- Wear in Renewable and Sustainable Technologies
- Wear Testing and Monitoring
- Emerging topics
This 24th International Conference on Wear of Materials is not associated or related to any other conferences with similar conference names.
- Peter J. Blau, WoM Historian, Blau Tribology Consulting, USA
- Jun Qu, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Richard Chromik, McGill University, Quebec, Canada
- Martin Dienwiebel, KIT and Fraunhofer IWM, Germany
- Stefanie Hanke, University Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Steve Shaffer, Shaffer Tribology Consulting, CA, USA
Immediate Past Chair
- Sriram Sundararajan, Iowa State University, USA
Liaison for the journal Wear
- Marcello Papini, Toronto Metropolitan University
- Peter Blau, Blau Tribology Consulting, NC, USA
- Laura Peña Parás, Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico
- Wenjun Cai,Virginia Tech, VA, USA
- Thomas Scharf, University of North Texas, TX, USA
- Mark Gee, National Physical Lab (NPL), UK
Liaison-alternate for journal ‘Wear’
- Alfons Fischer, Max-Planck-Institute fuer Eisenforschung, Germany
- Ken Budinski, Bud Labs, USA